Our reports are public documents and we share them with the commissioners, regulators and providers of the service we are visiting.
During 2017 to 2019 we ran a project to look at access to dental services focussing on the environment, physical access, information access, equality and diversity and complaints handling.
Watford district is our fifth and final district to have randomly selected Enter and View visits of 25% of the dental practices holding an NHS contract.
What we found
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and keen to provide the best service possible for their patients. Practices were positive about making changes to improve the patient experience.
We made recommendations for improvement in each of the dental practices we visited.
What changed as a result of our visits
- Review of translation services in one practice resulting in the service being available to patients within minutes.
- Hearing loop installed in two practices.
- Review of the website and the NHS website entry in some practices.
- Clearer displays of information and availability in larger fonts.
- Improved safeguarding training and processes in one practice.
Are you looking for current information about a dental practice in this article?
The Care Quality Commission monitors, inspects, and regulates services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and publish what they find, (including performance ratings) to help people choose care.
Click on the button below to access the Commission's 'find a dentist' search engine and read the most up to date quality report published by their inspectors.